Rudra/The Wandering Ascetic vocalist/guitarist Kathir spoke to the Horns Up Podcast about the creative process behind The Wandering Ascetic’s debut album, ‘Crimson’, and also his roots, including the journey of Rudra.
Some of the things the interview covered are:
– Growing up as a metalhead in Singapore
– What heavy metal means to the Singapore scene
– Why Rudra exists / Mixing heavy metal and Indian cultural mythology
– Rudra’s songwriting process (or writing a song in 20-120 minutes)
– Easter eggs on Rudra albums
– The vision behind The Wandering Ascetic
– The Wandering Ascetic VS Rudra
– What metalheads should expect from ‘Crimson’
Apart from candid learnings from The Wandering Ascetic, Kathir shares why Lady Gaga is on his playlist, easter eggs about Rudra’s albums, and spills the beans on the new album by the vedic metal stalwarts.
Horns Up is a weekly podcast from Bombay, India dedicated to ramblings, rants, and reviews from Peter K / Trendcrusher and Animesh Das / Asmo.